Today the whole planet is facing the problem of global warming, pollution, hazardous radiations and much more. All these factors lead in hike of temperature during summer season. So, it’s very hard to imagine our life throughout the summer months without any chilling machines which are designed for chilling our operating and residential environments. Differing types of chillers are being innovated and plenty of firms are still hanging over the concepts in order to create a lot of economical and expedient chilling devices. The concern regarding cool devices it ought to be noted that they’re thought-about to be less energy economical than those in operation by water, but they’re not as expensive as water cooled units and fewer big-ticket to take care of.
Chillers are the best solution for hot weather summer seasons. You will come across plenty of manufacturers who used to device the chillers. But the question is how to know which one are the best chillers at affordable rate?
- Structure and Working of Air cooled water chillers:
An air cooled chiller is a packed system. It comprises of evaporator, tubes, central chamber, compressor and condenser.
The working principle begins with the evaporator. The source is filled with fluid, mainly water or an ethylene glycol/water mix, which is again recycled. That source is linked with desired machinery and then current is supplied to the chiller. Its total function is coordinated by the manager/controller. A user can easily adjust the framework as per the situation desires such as temperature, flow and pressure. An internal filter is applied to eliminate the hazardous matter from the process.
- Water cooled chillers:
Water cooled chiller is an automatic machine which are manufactured to aid exchange warm air from the liquid to a refrigerant in a closed system. After this the refrigerant is stimulated to a position where the extra moisture is being transported to the surrounding.
Water chiller functions by the application of refrigerant and then it is being released in a looped system that involves a compressor, an evaporator, and condenser. The liquid begins within a compressor in which it is pumped along with piercing mainly through compressor air. Then the liquid is grasped with a heat source where the absorbance of moisture continues onward to an evaporator.
Water cooled chillers and Air cooled chillers are being manufactured by Cristopia Energy Systems Pvt. Ltd. India which is one of the top companies for chillers.
Chillers are the equipments that are typically based upon compressor which functions to control the temperature of both liquid and air. The technology is furnished with a reservoir, a regulator that controls temperature and a recirculation pump. Based upon the operation and objective of chillers they are categorized under two types of chillers namely: air cooled chillers and water cooled chillers.
Air cooled chillers:
Air cooled chillers applies the procedure of both evaporation and condensation along a locked system in order to freeze the air of atmosphere. The process of cooling begins with an evaporator consisting of tubes being encircled with a central chamber. The tubes are for cooling purposes. The central chamber is linked up with a compressor which is hooked up with condenser and then finally completes the cycle with connection along the evaporator.
Air cooled chillers are popular in the modern era and achieving its popularity since 1980’s. Nowadays they are utilized by ranging from smaller one to larger one industrial sector and can be emulsified as per the needs. The popularity is mainly because of the comprehensive property of air cooled chillers and its reduced price linked with termination of cooling tower. In the latest model of chillers the hydronic features such as those of pump and expansion tank might be implemented and tested further.
Water cooled chillers:
Water cooled chiller is an automatic technology mainly utilized to motivate the moisture transfer to a refrigerant in locked system. The refrigerant is further pushed to a position where the extra moisture is being moved to the surroundings.
Water chiller is also implemented with hydroponics, pumps, lights and the moist air which helps in heating of the reservoir water temperatures. It is used to reduce the water temperature up to 68 degree Fahrenheit (20 degree Celsius). This will lead an eco friendly nature of the water chiller.
Air cooled chillers Vs Water cooled chillers
Mainly air cooled chillers are applied because of the following characteristics:
- Minimal cooling loads: Air chillers are applies 300 tons of chilling capacity. Also industrial experts recommend it with chilling capacity of 200 to 250 tons. On the other hand water chiller increases the cost potential.
- Momentous time in respect to high temperatures and moisture: Even though water chillers are applied in diverse climatic range then also it lacks minimal reduced temperature and moisture content are high. It might be problematic to acknowledge the cost of water and its treatment
- Easy to maintain: Air chillers can be maintained by the user but water chillers always require an experienced staff for its maintenance.
Prior to the discussion about chillers, let’s know what chillers stands for? A chiller is equipment that eliminates moist air against a liquid by a compressed vapor or absorption refrigeration cycle. These chillers are applicable to residential as well as industrial sectors.
Chillers basically available in the market are of two types.
- Air cooled chillers
- Water cooled chillers
Both the chillers are galvanized by dynamic motors, steam or gas appliances. These chillers consist of four units via which chilling stuffs passes through:
- Evaporator: Chiller outturns frozen water/air in the evaporator where frozen refrigerant surpasses from the evaporator bundle. This refrigerant vaporizes as soon as warm air is being transmitted via the liquid. Again this frozen liquid is forced through the frozen water distribution unit into air handler unit.
- Compressor: Evaporated refrigerant quits the evaporator and transmitted to the compressor unit, and then it is being compressed and converted into a high pressure, high temperature moisture. Then again quits the compressor section and moves to the condenser unit.
- Condenser: Here warm refrigerant travels inside the tubes which consist of condenser coiled water. The moist air is transmitted to the water/air in order to transform into chilled liquid/air. Then the condensed air/water is stimulated to the cooling tower where moisture is transmitted from water to the surroundings.
- Expansion valve: The refrigerant surpasses to the evaporator via the expansion valve. This valve manages the function of chilling. Here, refrigerant widens to a reduced pressure including reduced temperature. It passes near the evaporator tubes captivating the moisture of the frozen water which has been exchanged via the air handle unit and thereby completes its refrigeration cycle.
Principle on which air and water cooled chillers are based:
The working principle of a chiller can easily be understood. The source is packed with fluid, mainly water or an ethylene glycol/water mix, which is again recycled. That source is attached with desired machinery and then current is being equipped by the chiller. It’s all regulatory role is controlled by the manager/controller. A user can easily adjust the framework as per the situation desires such as temperature, flow and pressure. An internal filter is applied to eliminate the hazardous matter from the process.
Air cooled chillers and water cooled chillers in India is easily available on Cristopia cooling solutions. In India, it is the top most firm of chilling devices enveloping both large and small scale cooling, heating and energy management solutions, such as Air Cooled & Water Cooled Screw Chillers, Scroll Chillers, and Thermal Energy Storage (TES) systems. Chilling technology is planted on heat transfer adopting the vapor compression refrigeration cycle.